Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 12 Reflection

2 comments:

  1. Friday, we had a test in math on unit 3. All but 5 of the students did horrible on this test. I'm talking about things we have done since we started school. A lot of the test was review on things we have done in previous units. Students that I would not have exected to do bad on this test, did bad. What does this say about me as a teacher? I felt so defeated.

    We decided to spend Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week reviewing these skills, and then re-testing the kids on Thursday. How many times can you go over counting money? LoL. I am even getting bored with it! I hope that somehow I can find a way to make these skills click this coming week. If I could do it for the 5 students who did well on the test, then I should be able to do it for the rest of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged. EVERY veteran teacher has faced this same dilemma. Just the physical representation of momeny is difficult. A nickel is physically larger than a dime, but dime is worth more money! Who made that situation up?! Every grade level teaches money, so that msut mean that the concept is a known difficulty. Working at McDonald's might make me learn counting money, but I'm not going to go to that extreme.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.